Holidays is synonymous with relaxation, breaking routines and, sometimes, losing good habits. The disorganization of eating, at this time, leads to an increase in the percentage of body fat mass, compromising a healthy lifestyle. However, it does not and should not be so!
Here are some essential tips that you should follow:
- Plan meals for your vacation and free yourself from additional worries.
- Drink at least 1,5 L of water per day. With the heat there is a lot of water lost in the body, being fundamental to replace the liquids that are lost during the day. Drink small amounts at a time and often throughout the day, anticipating the thirsty feeling. Prefer water, infusions and sugar-free teas, instead of soft drinks and alcoholic beverages, rich in empty calories.
- Do regular intervals between the meals. Avoid being without eating more than 3,5 h during the day and 8 to 9 h during the night. Eating regularly helps to stabilize the appetite and blood sugar.
- Eat slowly and chew the food well. It helps to educate the appetite, to eat less and to make the best use of all colors, textures and flavors.
- Choose grilled, cooked, roasted and stewed in “raw” (not sautéed), low in fat and prefer easy to digest ingredients, low in fat and sauces.
- Increase the consumption of fruit and vegetables, rich in vitamins, minerals, fibers, antioxidants and carotenes. These foods protect the skin from cellular damage caused by solar radiation, prevent blemishes and aging of the skin.
- Benefit from the good weather and take walks by the sea or bike with your family and friends. It`s a great way to move the body and release stress.
- Eat with moderation. Frequency and quantity are the key words for a balanced diet, so if you can`t resist that ice cream or that cake, consciously take that pleasure out.
Dra. Mariana Ramos,