- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Chopped onion
- 2 Cups of mixed mushrooms (cut)
- 1 Tablespoon (or more) of soy sauce
- 2 Chopped garlic cloves
- ½ Teaspoon of Chinese Five-spice powder
- 2 Tablespoon of mirin sauce or rice vinegar
- 1 Cup of buckwheat
- 1 Cup of cooked tofu (optional)
- Chives or other herbs of your choice
- Heat the wok or a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, add the onion and cook until slightly tender.
- Add the mushrooms and stir. Then add a little soy sauce and let the mushrooms cook until they begin to soften, for 5-8 minutes or more, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped garlic and the five-spice powder and stir. Add the mirin sauce/rice vinegar and reduce the heat.
- Add the buckwheat and tofu and mix.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix the chives or any other fresh herbs you like. Taste, adjust the seasonings and add a little more soy sauce if necessary.
Dra. Mariana Ramos,